Friday 23 January 2015

Soft Boiled Eggs

Self Photo of an Egg, Me and My Key 
There are two different methods on how to cook an egg, soft boiled and hard boiled. A hard boiled egg is different from a soft boiled egg where a soft boiled egg consists of a firm egg white with a runny egg yolk in the center while a hard boiled egg consists of a firm egg white and egg yolk. 

Egg + Key
Extra-Large Egg
For the blog post I used extra-large eggs to explore the perfect way to soft boil an egg. 

Trail #1
On my first attempt I placed the egg in the water in the pot and brought the water to a boil and cooked the egg for 4 minutes.  After boiling the egg for 4 minutes both the egg white and yolk was not firm. 

Trail #2
On my second attempt I discovered the perfect way to soft boil an eggInstead of placing the egg in the water and bringing the water to a boil and cooking it that way on my second attempt I brought the water to a boil and reduced the water to a simmer then placed the egg in the water, and cooked the egg for 7 minutes. After cooking the egg for 7 minutes the egg consisted a firm egg white with a runny egg yolk in the center. After some consideration, I believe the technique will work on 50 eggs instead of 500 eggs in batches, I enjoy my soft boiled egg with a pinch of salt and pepper. 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice eggs Jennifer! I especially love your key. "I am Groot".

    ReplyDelete